Under data protection law, individuals have a right to be informed about how Gym and Tonic Group Fitness uses any personal data that we hold about them. We comply with this right by providing ‘privacy notices’ (sometimes called ‘fair collection notices’) to individuals where we are processing their personal data.
This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data.
The personal data we hold
Personal data that we may collect, use, store and share:
- Name and address
- Health Screening and Informed Consent (PARQ)
- Other contact information including email addresses and Telephone numbers which can include emegency contact information Why we use this data
We use this data to:
· Contact individuals in the event of class cancellation
· Ensure members are fit for participation (PARQ informed consent)
· Compile a list of emergency contact numbers
· Contact members with any Special Offers, Newsletters, Special Discounts
Our legal basis for using this data
We only collect and use personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we process it where:
· We need it to contact members in an event of an emergency
· We have obtained consent to use it in a certain way
Where we have obtained consent to use personal data, this consent can be withdrawn at any time. We will make this clear when we ask for consent, and explain how consent can be withdrawn.
Some of the reasons listed above for collecting and using personal data overlap, and there may be several grounds which justify our use of this data.
Collecting this information
While the majority of information we collect is mandatory, there is some information that can be provided voluntarily.
Whenever we seek to collect information from you, we will make it clear whether providing it is mandatory or optional. If it is mandatory, we will explain the possible consequences of not complying.
How we store this data
We keep all electronic personal information on a secured database (Clubright) until your membership with Gym and Tonic may cease. At such time all data will be deleted from the secure database. Only the Owners of Gym and Tonic Group Fitness will have access to this data.
We do not share information with any third party without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Where it is legally required, or necessary (and it complies with data protection law) we may share personal information.
Rights regarding personal data
Individuals have a right to make a ‘subject access request’ to gain access to personal information that Gym and Tonic Group Fitness holds about them.
If you would like to make a request please contact the Gym and Tonic Group Fitness Owners.
Under data protection law, individuals have certain rights regarding how their personal data is used and kept safe, including the right to:
· Object to the use of personal data if it would cause, or is causing, damage or distress
· Prevent it being used to send direct marketing
· Object to decisions being taken by automated means (by a computer or machine, rather than by a person)
· In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data corrected, deleted or destroyed, or restrict processing
· Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection regulations
To exercise any of these rights, please contact the Gym and Tonic Owners.
We take any complaints about our collection and use of personal information very seriously.
If you think that our collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate, or have any other concern about our data processing, please raise this with us in the first instance.
To make a complaint, please contact our data protection officer.
Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
· Report a concern online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
· Call 0303 123 1113
· Or write to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
If you have any questions, concerns or would like more information about anything mentioned in this privacy notice, please contact Gym and Tonic at .